I'm pleased with this handspun, (but not that much) for once I put enough twist into the ply. I've learnt over time to put a little more in than I think it needs. I've just been plying the last couple of bobbins and it still isn't that consistent and I really should have cut the tips off the locks, there are patches of rough fuzziness that I would rather weren't there. In some parts it's obvious I lost a bit of concentration and the single has less twist in it, you can see this were one ply wraps around the other instead of being balanced. I've made sure I got a good bit for the photo of course.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
My handspun
While we all wait for Blogger to sort out the 'unable to upload images' problem I will have to have a seperate post for each image. I can insert a picture directly from Picasa using their 'Blog This' button, but there isn't any control over size, position etc etc.
I'm pleased with this handspun, (but not that much) for once I put enough twist into the ply. I've learnt over time to put a little more in than I think it needs. I've just been plying the last couple of bobbins and it still isn't that consistent and I really should have cut the tips off the locks, there are patches of rough fuzziness that I would rather weren't there. In some parts it's obvious I lost a bit of concentration and the single has less twist in it, you can see this were one ply wraps around the other instead of being balanced. I've made sure I got a good bit for the photo of course.
I'm pleased with this handspun, (but not that much) for once I put enough twist into the ply. I've learnt over time to put a little more in than I think it needs. I've just been plying the last couple of bobbins and it still isn't that consistent and I really should have cut the tips off the locks, there are patches of rough fuzziness that I would rather weren't there. In some parts it's obvious I lost a bit of concentration and the single has less twist in it, you can see this were one ply wraps around the other instead of being balanced. I've made sure I got a good bit for the photo of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment